Hi, my name is Pete. I'm a software developer based in the UK.
There's a small chance that you're looking for something relating to my philosophical work. If so, please feel to reach out! I'm always happy to talk philosophy, even if I don't find so much time for it these days.
If you're interested in where the username 'bryophyta' comes from, I picked it because it's the word for the family of plants that mosses belong to. I can't claim deep knowledge about mosses, but they're pretty great! If you're interested in learning more about them, I can heartily recommend Robin Wall Kimmerer's wonderful book Gathering Moss: A Natural and Cultural History of Mosses.
- Three methods for generating all of the unique combinations of a set of elements, alongside a little discussion of decision theory.
- A brief overview of my doctoral research and some other work in philosophy.
- Using jless to explore complex json files
- Navigating quickly through large json files from the command line, without getting lost.
- Using jq with jless
- Some tips for using jless to generate jq filters.